Accessibility statement for Holwell Parish Council
This accessibility statement applies to https://www.dorsetparishes.gov.uk/council/holwell-parish-council/
This website is run by Holwell Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: Clerk, Holwell Parish Council, Hartmoor Farm, Pulham, Dorchester, Dorset, DT2 7ED
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 14 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:
- Email: email@example.com
- Clerk, Holwell Parish Council, Hartmoor Farm, Pulham, Dorchester, Dorset, DT2 7ED
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Find out how to contact us: www.dorsetparishes.gov.uk/council/holwell-parish-council/
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Holwell Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Some pages may contain attachments which are not currently compliant, such as:
- Older PDF files
- Content produced by third parties or using third party software
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
We will do all we can to identify content that is non-compliant
When we publish new content we will make sure it meets accessibility standards.
We have not identified any areas that we believe constitute a disproportionate burden
Content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Not all documents on this website are created by us. Some documents and content may be created by third parties using third party software. Where this is the case, we will endeavour, on request, to obtain an accessible copy form the original source or to convey the information contained in the document in an accessible way.
Many of our older PFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so that they are accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value)
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018, if they are not essential to providing our services.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested in January 2023. Tests were carried out by our website provider.
What we are doing to improve accessibility
- To address non-compliance issues, where possible
- Provide staff training to ensure that all new content added meets accessibility criteria
- Run regular reports to identify accessibility issues.
This statement was prepared on 26 January 2023.